Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Sad Day for Daddy

As a father, I enjoy a certain aura of invincibility in the eyes of my children. A few years back Ruthie was terribly offended when Sarah suggested that God was even bigger than daddy! I got a kick out of it and knowing that such misconceptions would come abruptly to an end as they grew up, I made no great effort to correct them.

Lately however, the board game portion of Friday Family Fun Night has been quickly eroding my image at an alarming rate. So far we have had five FFFN's and I have summarily been trounced each and every night regardless of the game. My tigers performed something terrible during Parchesse (SP?). In the Game of LIFE, I was an accountant who earned a few cents less than pocket lint and had a knack for landing on the "pay through the nose" spaces. Three times we have played Spinner and three times I have been honored with the high score. (Spinner scores a lot like Golf).

Here is the result of our last nights round of Spinner: Nathan 63, Kerri 68, Roo 82, Me 128 and Sarah 133.

The moral of the story is that it is not whether you win or lose but that you can still send everyone to bed without desert if you lose.

On that note, I will sign off and enjoy a large bowl of ice cream... alone... in the sweet silence of defeat.

Goodnight

3 comments:

Travis said...

Was there cheating involved? You gotta watch out for that.

Alison Bryant said...

Ahem! When has an attempt at cheating a game ever taken place at their house? I take offense on their behalf.

Neat post, Sam. You have a real knack for writing humor!

Sam Moon Christensen said...

That wasn't humor! It was indignation!