Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Maybe this post is better suited for a MyFace or SpaceBook account. Maybe it should have been twittered. but seeing as how I have none of the above and have no desire to begin tweeting like a twit, I will post this little tidbit here, in an old fashioned blog.

As a reward for the kids work in the yard as mentioned in the last post, Kerri decided that the kids could stay up until midnight watching movies. After a long and heated debate, they settled on Spiderman I and II. I skipped out on the first, but joined in at the intermission to soundly squash everyone at 100 pin bowling. Afterwards, with a large plate of nachos in hand, we settled down to watch the second installment of our friendly neighborhood web slinger.

The movie was fairly eventless, with only the usually gasps from the girls at Peter Parkers lack of romantic intuition. Girls seem to know exactly what a guy should do in any given romantic situation, while the majority of us male-folk stand there as clueless and slack jawed as Mr. Parker. It has to be a product of the fall. In heaven, I imagine that us guys will have the answer to any romantic situation, just as the girls do. But then it will be too late. (See Matthew 22:30)

But I digress. Back to the movie... As the final scene rolled by, as Mary Jane stands in Pete's door after running away from her own wedding in favor of Spidey, she tells Peter, "I am standing at your door Peter, I have always been standing at your door"...

At that very moment, a little Roo voice, from beneath a blanket, snuggled deep down in a too big chair, says, in a very sassy and drawn out voice, "stalker".

Peels of laughter ensued which ended the effect of the deeply romantic moment, in which Peter Parker says nothing, or at least very little... Which, apparently was exactly what he was supposed to say in that romantic instance. I guess? I don't know. 

No comments: